Wow wee didn’t that week fly by, I could get used to this 4 day week! I'd a great Easter bank holiday with NO CHOCOLATE can you Adam and Eve it?
So how did I manage to stay chocolate free, well one reason is I'm in the MC&L groove, that and I told everyone NO CHOCOLATE EGGS!!! Yep 2 weeks in to the revamped 21 day MC&L detox, which I'm totally loving. The new exercise videos are great, Jo and Fern double up so you get to see a front and side view of the exercises which I think has helped with my technique. Plus as it's my 3rd time to do a detox it’s not been too hard and I'm feeling great, looking good and wearing super skinny jeans as I type - this pleases me no end :) :) :)
So this week I'm going to share with you something that I made this week that is 100% clean and detox friendly and totally delicious and is 20 mins from fridge to plate. It’s such a typical Evie Brogan dish in terms of you can make it with almost anything you have out of the fridge and your all-important store cupboard, however, I have used classic pairings of salmon with leek and asparagus with a few extras added in. (For the readers who say they can't cook, leek and salmon are a marriage made in heaven, remember that!)
I've got this new coconut oil and its odourless which is a FAB addition to my store cupboard, coconut oil is so full of health benefits. “Err stop right there, yes we know Evie, you tell us all the time!” Ok I'll stop banging on about it but this new one is amazing because you can use it in European foods with no coconut taste and still keep it clean. Remember what happens to oils when they get heated up? No, OK read this: http://missioncleanlean.com/blog/2013/11/28/seafood-tagliatelle
Serves two. You will need:
2 leeks - chopped in rounds
1 bunch asparagus spears - chopped into 1.5" pieces
7-8 broccoli florets
1.5 tsp dill (dried is fine)
1/5 a courgette chopped in rounds
4-5 cherry tomatoes
2 salmon fillets - flaked (or whole if you’d rather)
Oil for frying (coconut is best)
1.5 tsp basil (I used frozen)
- Wash and prep your veg, you need to be careful with leeks as they can harbour some dirt so give them a good wash. Use a knife to cut into it if you need to wash between the layers.
- In a large pot, pan or wok (I used a wok with lid) heat some oil on a med heat and add the leeks and fry for 1-2 mins.
- Add the broccoli fry for another few minutes, add a good splash of water so that the veg steams too – this speeds up the cooking.
- Add your herbs.
- Add your tomatoes and give a good stir.
- Add your salmon, more water if you need to and pop a lid on to steam cook until the salmon has changed colour. It’s quite trendy these days to serve salmon a bit opaque in the middle so it doesn’t have to completely turn colour. In this dish I like my salmon fully cooked so I wait for it all to change colour, about 3-4 mins for flaked fish. If you want to leave your fish whole, cooking will depend on the size and more so the thickness, I'd say between 6-9 minutes.
Also try adding some frozen peas, sugar snaps or mange tout and squeeze a bit of fresh lemon over it. Maybe also try replacing the salmon with chicken!
I used to make this with white wine and double cream, but this is just another success out of the MC&L kitchen where we have removed the non MC&L friendly ingredients and turned out a total winner!!
With 2 weeks until holiday, I'm not only on the MC&L wagon I'm driving the beast! (Can you tell I'm totally loving being motivated this week? That’s what being in the MC&L Facebook group and going from 12st 8lb to 10.10 will do for ya!)
Have a great weekend peeps
Lots of Love