To mark the start of Wimbledon here's a special recipe from our new blogger Anna Vrakas of Conscious Food, using Palmyra Jaggery to create a beautiful sugar-free pavlova.
6 egg whites
150g Palmyra Jaggery
pinch of salt
1 can coconut milk (chilled in the fridge overnight or in the freezer for an hour)
2 tbsp Palmyra Jaggery
150g strawberries sliced
30g desiccated coconut
- Pre-heat your oven to 150 degrees.
- On a piece of baking paper, trace out 2 20cm circles and lay them out on your baking tray.
- Place all your egg white in a bowl and start to whisk using hand mixer for about 2-3 minutes until they begin to form soft peaks. Then begin to slowly add in the sugar and salt and continue to whisk for a further 3-4 minutes. By this stage your meringue should form stiff peaks.
- Gently spread the meringue over the 2 circles you traced out earlier and put it in the oven for an hour. Then put to the side to cool.
- While the meringue is cooling down, start on the coconut cream. Take the can out of the fridge/freezer and open. You’ll need to scoop out the white solids only, but leave the liquid at the bottom.
- Throw in the Palmyra and whisk on a high speed for a few minutes until it becomes fluffy.
- You can then start to assemble the Pavlova. Spread half the coconut cream on one of the meringues and then sprinkle half the strawberries and raspberries on.
- Place the other meringue on top and repeat the process. Then sprinkle the desiccated coconut on top.