As it is holiday season I fancied making Skordalia.
Maybe you have tried Skordalia, a great garlicky dip made from mashed potatoe. Perfect along side sliced beetroot. I had began to reminisce about our Greek adventures, and the punchy garlic hit that you get from this cracking dish. I wondered if I could get the same results from a clean alternative.
Butterbeans to the rescue! These little beauty's have to be my go to store cupboard ingredients and they worked a treat!
- 1 can of butterbeans ( cooked)
- Juice of half a lemon ( I used half a lime)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Cook the butterbeans. I do mine by emptying the whole tin and liquid into a bowl and placing in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, lemon and blend with a hand blender to a smooth paste.
3. Serve. In Greece I've often had it with sliced beetroot as a starter or add some pork & roast vegetables kebabs and you have a perfect evening meal!
I hope you enjoy my recipe and let's hope the English weather gives us the opportunity to make it to go alongside BBQ food.
Take care and look forward to hearing how you are all getting on with your clean cooking.
Thanks Ele x